The Daily Monocle

Critical book reviews from a literary skeptic.

Friday, October 01, 2010

Contest Winner! + Important Information

Posted by J. P. Wickwire

First and foremost, I'd like to say Congratulations to Kari! Kari (who, by the way, is team zombie) is the winner of Zombies vs. Unicorns. I'll be contacting you shortly, and your book will be out early next week. :)

In other news...

1) If you are a publicist/publisher/author, and you've given me a book to review, do not fear. I am in the process of reading it. I've finally figured out how to juggle this year's workload with the blog. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to review some of these books. If you see another review go up before I get to yours, and you know your book has been with me longer, it's probably because the review in question was time-sensitive, and I had to get it out before the book hit shelves.

2) There will be a review on Monday. And hopefully, the Monday after that too. My plan right now is to update at least twice a week-- Mondays and Fridays--with one of those being a review, and the other being an author interview. In December and January I will probably update more frequently, but for now, that's all I can manage.

3) NaNoWriMo is coming up. Therefore, I will most likely be slightly crazy for the next two months. Don't be alarmed. This is to be expected. And if you want to join me in the madness, feel free to friend me on NaNoWriMo.

4) For those of you who participated in Operation Paperback: I was not able to collect an adequate amount of books to fill a box. This isn't a problem, it just means that it's going to take me a little longer to send it off. Your books will still reach the troops, and yes, your blog will be included on my blog roll. It's just taking longer that I expected.

5) And finally, I'm not sure if I posted about this before, but I now review sci-fi and fantasy for the New York Journal of Books Online. Their new website is going up on Monday or Tuesday, so be sure to check it out and tell your friends. :)

I appreciate everyone's patience with me as I attempt to sort out this new life. All of you faithful readers are the ones who keep me going. :)

Read on, my lovely bookworms,
-J. P.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones