The Daily Monocle

Critical book reviews from a literary skeptic.

Thursday, September 09, 2010

An Announcement

Posted by J. P. Wickwire

I'm here to address a few questions you may (or may not) have:

1) Why aren't you updating as frequently?
--I'm a college student taking 20 hours worth of courses. I still want to update 3 times a week, but it'll probably be more like once or twice until Christmas break. I'll probably be able to do some more updating next semester too, as I don't think I'm going to take as many classes.

2) I've sent you a book, and you haven't reviewed it yet, but you've reviewed other books. Why?
--A lot of the books that I review are part of 'book tours'--that is, when one blogger gets a pre-release book, and shares it with others in the blogosphere. Usually you only have one week to read these books, so they get first priority. Also, I apply for many of these book tours, and only get selected about half the time, so I'll have random books come in the mail that I have to read immediately.

3) If I e-mail you about publicity/reviews/interviews, will you still consider me?
--Of course! Always always always.

4) Pirates or ninjas?
--Pirates. Even though ninjas rock too, pirates rock slightly more.

Read on!
-J. P.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones