The Daily Monocle

Critical book reviews from a literary skeptic.

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

The Wednesday Batch (3)

Posted by J. P. Wickwire

How are all of you lovely readers this week? Enjoying the sun? Hating the heat? Or perhaps you're in Australia where the seasons all run backwards! (which, I know, you will argue they run normally, and *I'm* backwards, but I digress.).

Anyway, onto the links...

1)
It's a typwriter orchestra. Need I say anything more?

2) Art always inspires me to write, and I love it when an artist can capture the essence of a story. Annie Leibovitz has done an amazing thing, photographing scenes from her favorite fairy tales in this amazing collection. Aside from a few odd modelling choices, and a Romeo with freakishly tight tights on, I think it's pretty cool.

3) Finally, there are two books coming out next month that I'm really looking forward to. I rarely follow series, or seek out a certain author repeatedly--I know that sounds snobbish, but I just have this "so many authors, so little time" mentality--but there are two releases that I can't help but get excited over. The first of these would be the third books in The Hunger Games trilogy, Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. And the second would be Ape House by Sara Gruen (of Water for Elephants fame). I'm even thinking of pre-ordering Mockingjay.

Happy reading!
-J. P.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones