The Daily Monocle

Critical book reviews from a literary skeptic.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Wednesday Batch (2)

Posted by J. P. Wickwire

A batch of links from your friendly, neighborhood blogger.

1) Does anyone else just *love* the webcomic xkcd? Maybe it's because I'm a geek, but I find xkcd to be witty, intelligent, and it always makes me laugh. Today's comic is Lord of the Rings based. So here's a link!

2) I love free stories. And I love great stories. I like each of those things even better when they are combined. I haven't had time to read all of the stores here at Fifty-Two Stories, but there are some excellent ones mixed in. I thought you might all enjoy the link!

3) Remember my review for Never Let Me Go? Well, I didn't tell you all this, but I bought the book based on the movie trailer I saw. It just looked too excellent to pass up. So of course I have to post the movie trailer! I will warn you though, it does contain a few spoilers...

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones